Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only phone and texts work

I had gone into restrictions and turned off what I could but then forgot my four digit password to get back in to change preferences on my iPhone 6+. I've never created anything except a long list of contacts that I do not want to lose. Unfortunately I can't save the information externally, turned off and never used iTunes. Never used any apps and had deleted all apps that were possible. How can I undo the restrictions? I think I will need to do that to pair up my Apple watch when it comes in a couple of weeks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:55 PM

3 replies

May 30, 2015 3:57 PM in response to gary_the_person

Well, to start off with, if you cannot remember the restrictions passcode, the only way to get past that is to restore the device as new. You will not be able to use the backup, as it contains the restrictions passcode.

As far as the contacts are concerned, you will need to find someplace to sync them, or back them up, otherwise, you will lose them when you restore the phone. You can use iCloud if you set that up, or you can use another cloud service, or you can use a supported application on the computer, depending on what operating system you use.

May 30, 2015 4:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you. I have never used icloud or any app. I've only used my Apple ID to activate my Macbook Pro a couple of years ago but have never used an app or downloaded an app for the laptop or the phone. If I do not want to restore the phone and lose my contacts, then am I limited to use the iphone 6+ just for phone calls and text and may not be able to synch up my Apple watch when it arrives? Wow, that's not good. It took me almost a year to create the contacts list that I have.

May 30, 2015 4:06 PM in response to gary_the_person

This is the only way to recover from a restrictions passcode, or to remember the passcode. To my knowledge, there is an Address Book app on the Mac you can use, but you will need iTunes to transfer that information. As far as you being limited to just call and text, that would be dependent on what restrictions you have turned on. You may be able to pair with your watch, depending again on what restrictions you have turned on. It is not necessary to lose the contacts list, just take care of it and you will be able to sync it back to the iPhone

Only phone and texts work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.