Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes missing older CD downloads 5/2015...

My daughter just got the new iphone 6 and plugged it into my laptop's itunes where she has many of her songs, as well as on her own itunes library on her own pc, and my itunes library made all of my older CD downloads completely disappear. I'm afraid to back up my own iphone 6, as I've seen some of these "iTunes comments" saying that the music on their phones/ipods had also been removed when doing so. Nice to know Apple does everything they can to help their customers with problems on their products. NOT!!! If I didn't have a library over 7 years old with 1000's of songs on it, I would drop Apple and everything to do with it like a hot potato! I guess I'm relying on some kind person out there to help with this matter and not get paid for their effort.

Posted on May 30, 2015 4:38 PM

2 replies

May 30, 2015 5:26 PM in response to Welshros

iTunes can support many iDevices, but each device can be synced to only one iTunes/computer.

When your daughter connected her iPhone to your iTunes, iTunes would have warned her that doing so will erase the contents of her iPhone. It does not erase the contents of your iTunes Library.

It's possible she logged into iTunes/iCloud on your computer, but using her Apple ID, so quitiTunes (or restart your computer) and login using your credentials.

Otherwise, you can revert using your backups.

iTunes missing older CD downloads 5/2015...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.