Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a charger, "this accessory is not supported"

i have, well had a working charger, now when I plug it in it say "this accessory is not supported" how do I fix and why does this happen?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 5:55 PM

9 replies

May 30, 2015 6:17 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Actually, this happened to me too. Several years ago I bought a Mophie brick. It worked wonderfully for about a year. Then, suddenly, I think soon after one of the OS updates, I started getting the This device is not supported message also. My iPhone 5 was also continually running low on juice faster and faster around that time until I recently had to have the battery replaced.

May 30, 2015 6:03 PM in response to Aboundingfly3r1

By "charger" I assume you mean "Cable." It is NOT a charger. The charger is built into the phone. The device that plugs into the wall is not a charger either; it is a USB power adapter. For the moment I will assume you are talking about the cable.

Either it is NOT an approved cable, or the wall adapter is not an approved adapter, or you have a problem with the Lightning connector on the phone. The most common cause of that error message (assuming the cable and adapter are approved devices) is either dirt in the connector that is preventing the plug on the cable from seating properly, or a damaged pin in the connector. So the first step is to clean the connector. Use a bright light and a toothpick, or an air blast can. Inspect afterwards to make sure there is no cruft left in the connector.

I have a charger, "this accessory is not supported"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.