Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbird Profiles Missing??

Hi Everyone,

Last night I was using Thunderbird. I closed out and then a short while later I tried to go back, but a window came up saying my profile was missing,

and the same happened to my wife's. We did have a copy of older profiles on our EHD which I installed into the profile folder - but, we have no

idea what happened to our current/active profiles.

Would anyone know if they might be moved somewhere. We were thinking of using iSoft Data Recovery to try and find them.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), 8GB 320HD Verizone DSL

Posted on May 30, 2015 4:12 PM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2015 5:22 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I misstated the problem.

I am able to find Library>Thunderbird>Profiles. The problem is that our regular Profiles have gone missing. We had older versions of our profiles stored on our EHD - we have copied the older versions into the active Profile Folder on the MHD (this

was done just to give us access to use Thunderbird.

We are trying to figure out what happened to our regular active Profiles. I had deleted an obsolete profile that we were no longer

using. When I came back to check my emails a short while later - I opened the Profile Manager (normally), but when I clicked on

my profile to open it - that's when I got the message about profile missing and the same with my wife's.

There was nothing in the Profiles Folder. Since this occurred I have used a Lost Files Recover wich I downloaded and some

of the emails have come back that were in the profiles, but not all.

We have never had this happen before. We have lost emails that we've restored by trashing the inbox.msf, but, never both

profiles

Thunderbird Profiles Missing??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.