Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I place markers and replace them with synthesized notes?

I have some 4-track cassette recordings from the 1980s that need fattening up with bass, an instrument I didn't have when the songs were recorded. I have an idea of how I could do this easily and was wondering if GarageBand is suitable. I haven't used GB in about 10 years, so to save time I thought I'd ask here before trying it in case it can't be done.

1. I play the recording, groove along with it, and tap the "M" key (or whichever) when I want a bass note to appear. For example, if I do this in Audition, I get a whole heap of markers.
  2. I select Bass Guitar as the instrument to use.
  3. I jump to each marker, and type in a note such as A, B C#…

Voila, I've got my bass track. Whether it would sound any good, I don't know.

Is something like this possible? If not, I suppose I could generate one of each note in GB, copy and paste them into Audition, and go from there.

Posted on May 30, 2015 8:46 PM

There are no replies.

Can I place markers and replace them with synthesized notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.