Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i send an iTunes gift to a phone number/contact of someone with an iPhone/apple account without entering email address because they dont know their apple email information

trying to send someone with an iPhone a ringtone from iTunes as iTunes gift try to enter their number because they dont know there apple email information, how can this work what can i do. If it makes a difference i have a macbook air and iPhone 3gs, and they have an iPhone 5s

MACBOOK AIR (11-INCH, EARLY 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 11:43 PM

Gifts can only be sent to an email account, the recipient will need to open that email and redeem the gift onto an iTunes account to be able to download it. As far as I am aware tones can't be gifted.

Gifting : Send iTunes Gifts - Apple Support

Redeeming a gift : Redeem and use iTunes Gift Cards and content codes - Apple Support

If they can't remember their iTunes account details (they aren't logged into the account in Settings > iTunes & App Store on their device, or Store > View Account on their computer's iTunes ?) then they could try Recovering a forgotten iTunes Store account name - Apple Support or How to find your Apple ID - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2015 11:43 PM in response to iPhone96

Gifts can only be sent to an email account, the recipient will need to open that email and redeem the gift onto an iTunes account to be able to download it. As far as I am aware tones can't be gifted.

Gifting : Send iTunes Gifts - Apple Support

Redeeming a gift : Redeem and use iTunes Gift Cards and content codes - Apple Support

If they can't remember their iTunes account details (they aren't logged into the account in Settings > iTunes & App Store on their device, or Store > View Account on their computer's iTunes ?) then they could try Recovering a forgotten iTunes Store account name - Apple Support or How to find your Apple ID - Apple Support.

can i send an iTunes gift to a phone number/contact of someone with an iPhone/apple account without entering email address because they dont know their apple email information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.