Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up DVR with Airport Extreme using DNS for remote viewing. Double NAT

Hi Tesserax

I need your help.

I use airport extreme connected to router and dvr is connected to airport.

First, airport said it is double NAT and I ignored it. Router is from ADT security , it has only one lan port and there is no configuration.

My airport setting is shared a public IP address (not bridge mode) due to the NAT port forwarding mode. DVR ip is 10.0.1.3 and port is 8000.

I think I did everything so far. I can connect and view DVR under same airport network. But not from remote, outside of network.

airport ip is 192.168.107.xx

dvr ip is 10.0.1.3

In dvr, ddns test is sucess but uPnP test is fail.

all port is 8000 except web (80)

Thank you for your help.

I did everything you said as below

• Start the AirPort Utilty > Select the 802.11n AirPort Extreme Base Station (AEBSn).
  • Select Manual Setup.
  • Verify that Connection Sharing = Share a public IP address is selected on the Internet > Internet Connection tab.
  • Select Advanced, and then, select the Port Mapping tab.
  • Click the plus sign to add a new port mapping.
  • For Service, leave the default; this will change to "Custom" once you start entering port values.
  • In the Public UDP Port(s) and Public TCP Port(s) boxes, type in a 4-digit port number (e.g., 8888) that you choose. In the Private IP Address box, type the internal IP address of your DHCP-reserved DVR. In the Private UDP Port(s) and Private TCP Port(s) boxes, enter the same port values that you entered for the public ports, Click Continue.
  • In the Description box, type a descriptive name like "Internet DVR Access," and then, click Done.
  • Click on Update.

Posted on May 30, 2015 9:42 PM

10 replies

May 30, 2015 9:50 PM in response to bachmannn

Before I reset the airport, it was working. I don't think this is ADT router problem.

I log on to ADT router.

There is no configuration and no other thing to change.

Here is the information when I log on to ADT router.

iControl Networks iHub

Serial Number: 319438NF013BB
Software Version: 9.4.0.32.5
Hardware Version: HW=2, BL=1.1.9, PL=9.4.0.32.5, SKU=PGZNG1-1ADNAS
Api link: /rest/icontrol/nw/319438NF013BB

Communication Status

Registry
Registry: https://registry.adtpulse.com/icsvr/GatewayIdService
Server
Server: https://ihub.adtpulse.com/gw
Server Response: Ok
Network ID: 150129za047652
Next Update: Today, at 14:43:02.496 PDT
Last Update: Today, at 09:47:50.052 PDT
Connection Status
Active Connection: Broadband
Broadband
MAC ID: 28:c6:8e:d2:69:ad
IP Address: 23.241.7.201
Subnet Mask: 255.255.248.0
Gateway: 23.241.0.1
Devices
MAC ID: 28:c6:8e:d2:69:ae
IP Address: 192.168.107.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

May 31, 2015 4:41 AM in response to bachmannn

You cannot get this working because of double NAT..

Since the iHub router?? is doing routing it must also handle port forwarding.. is it really a router though.. does it plug into a modem.. if so what??

The only exception to this is where the Apple router is place in the DMZ of the iHub ADT router.. Do you have a make and model number on this router??

Try this.. remove the AE completely.. plug in just a switch.. and plug the PVR into it.. what IP does it get??

Can you access it remotely.. if not.. does this router have any controls.. if not it is something different..

I have tried looking up info.. remote access to PVR might need to be activated by ADT .. is it??

http://www.adtsecurity.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/323697/Viewing-video-f rom-your-DVR-remotely.pdf

Looking around for more info .. people have moved the so called ADT router to after a router instead of before it.. I think this is going to be more help to you.

https://inzax.wordpress.com/tag/ihub-3000/

Of course it might also stop working completely..

Did you ring ADT support for info on setup.. say nothing about the apple router.. that puts support people off.. just ask about how to access the PVR yourself remotely.

Jun 1, 2015 12:46 AM in response to bachmannn

What is enable default host at? what should I do ?

What you have done.. put the PVR IP in the box.. and enable it.. all unconnected incoming ports are then connected to the PVR.. if they ever make it through the netgear.

How about putting to distribute a range of IP addresses? If I do, can I do port forwarding?

No, once you use distribute a range of IP port forwarding turns off.. as does default host.. these are only for when you use NAT.

This is no different to bridge for the AE in your setup.. And is not going to help you..

This is the problem when you have a dedicated system.. you cannot just do what you like.. And I still think you either need to get your own internet connection and router.. or you need to talk ADT into giving you access to the netgear to do port forwarding. If you already own the connection then put your AE in front of the netgear and make it do double NAT.. however it is just as likely to fail in that setup too.

Setting up DVR with Airport Extreme using DNS for remote viewing. Double NAT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.