Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do podcasts I have played fully on iPhone show as partially played on iTunes OS X?

Any podcast I've listened to fully on iPhone (iOS 8) is not reflected on iTunes on my MacBook Air. I've switched on all the syncing options on both devices.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on May 30, 2015 11:37 PM

1 reply

May 31, 2015 6:41 AM in response to pendolino

A lot of people have this cross device syncing issue, another common one is a played podcast reappears with 1 minute remaining! I get it from time to time, and the only (short term) fix is to force restart your iDevice by holding the On/Off + Home buttons until Apple logo appears. Not sure why this happens but I think it's on the iOS side because it's always resolved by messing with the iDevices and not the Mac. You could also try putting the iDevice into Airplane Mode for a few seconds, then back to Wireless again or even log out and then back in to your Apple Account under the iTunes & App Store section (remember to re-sellect your Automatic Download settings again). I've had the most success though with the first and if you think about it, rebooting the iDevice must reset your wireless connection and re-log you back into the Apple services (unless others can tell me different).

Why do podcasts I have played fully on iPhone show as partially played on iTunes OS X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.