Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer has the prohibitory symbol, and before flashed the folder with the question mark on it, what do I do?

All of the solutions given require my computer to be on but every time I turn it off and then attempt to turn it back on it goes to this screen.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 31, 2015 12:24 AM

1 reply

May 31, 2015 3:33 PM in response to 16elisez

You don't have Classic. It doesn't run on MacBook Pros. Also the prohibitory signal is only found on Mac OS X.

What it means it is that it can't find the operating system. Sometimes the cause is as innocuous as a bad directory. Other times it is a bad hard drive.

My tip here offers several solutions:

My data has become inaccessible, and I don't have a backup!

I offer paid service tech support through my http://www.macmaps.com/techsupport.html independent from Apple if you are out of warranty. However, I recommend checking with Apple first if the tip above does not help and you are under warranty.

My computer has the prohibitory symbol, and before flashed the folder with the question mark on it, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.