Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drag and drop in Photos 1.0 - Books/Projects

I always was able to drag and drop photos in and out of the book in Iphoto 9, or from one spot on the page to another, however the new Photos 1.0 doesn't seem to have this capability?

Also moving a page forward or backwards was a drag and drop feature, now you seem need to delete the page and recreate it on the destination spot.

Is anybody else experiencing these issues? Is it me doing something different or are the capabilities not available in Photos 1.0??

Appreciate feedback of other users creating new Photo - books?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 31, 2015 1:02 AM

4 replies

May 31, 2015 10:32 AM in response to Supergoobs

Also moving a page forward or backwards was a drag and drop feature, now you seem need to delete the page and recreate it on the destination spot.

Click on the page number under the thumbnail of the page and drag it to the location desired:

User uploaded file

As for moving a photo from one frame on a page to another there doesn't seem to be that capability. One must Control (right) - click on it to remove it and then drag it from the Unused Photos tray at the bottom into the desired frame.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored in Photos via https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html.

User uploaded file

Jun 25, 2015 12:27 AM in response to moabmatt

In order to drag and move picture in a book in the new photo, you need to click on the photo........wait......and when the photo moves, you can now switch it with other photos.

You're right.

With a trackpad I have to click, keep holding down, and the photo will start to move nearly immediately. It is not such a long wait. But a noticeable delay. And it is working in the "All Pages" view. I can drag a photo from page page 1 to page 20, not just exchange page 1 with page 20.

Drag and drop in Photos 1.0 - Books/Projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.