Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access audiobook purchased on iPhone on other devices

I purchased an audiobook on my iPhone and now I'd like to access and listen to it on my laptop, but I can't find it. The iTunes Store SAYS you can access your audiobooks on multiple devices -- so where is it? Why can't I get to it on my laptop iTunes?

iPhone 5c, Windows 8, null

Posted on May 31, 2015 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:00 PM

Hello ktember,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you purchased an audiobook on your iPhone, and want to listen to it in iTunes on your laptop.

Audiobooks can't be downloaded again from iTunes, as mentioned in Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud.

You can transfer purchased audiobooks from your iPhone to iTunes, though. Here's how:

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

Transfer your purchases to your computer

Before you transfer your purchases, make sure that your computer is authorized with the same Apple ID account you used to make the purchases. Learn how to authorize your computer using iTunes.

If you bought the iTunes Store content on your device using multiple Apple ID accounts, you'll need to authorize the computer for each one.

To transfer purchases from your device to a computer:

1. Connect your device to the computer. Wait for its icon to appear in iTunes.
    User uploaded file
  2. Go to File > Devices. If you're using iTunes for Windows and can't see the menu bar, learn how to turn on iTunes menus in Windows.
  3. Choose Transfer Purchases from [device name].

​​This feature works only for content bought from the iTunes Store. Any items that you imported from audio CDs or received from other sources won't copy from your device to the iTunes library. However, all podcasts from your device's Podcasts app and copies of all PDFs and books from your device's iBooks app will transfer to the computer. Learn how to transfer media to your iTunes library.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2015 2:00 PM in response to ktember

Hello ktember,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you purchased an audiobook on your iPhone, and want to listen to it in iTunes on your laptop.

Audiobooks can't be downloaded again from iTunes, as mentioned in Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud.

You can transfer purchased audiobooks from your iPhone to iTunes, though. Here's how:

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

Transfer your purchases to your computer

Before you transfer your purchases, make sure that your computer is authorized with the same Apple ID account you used to make the purchases. Learn how to authorize your computer using iTunes.

If you bought the iTunes Store content on your device using multiple Apple ID accounts, you'll need to authorize the computer for each one.

To transfer purchases from your device to a computer:

1. Connect your device to the computer. Wait for its icon to appear in iTunes.
    User uploaded file
  2. Go to File > Devices. If you're using iTunes for Windows and can't see the menu bar, learn how to turn on iTunes menus in Windows.
  3. Choose Transfer Purchases from [device name].

​​This feature works only for content bought from the iTunes Store. Any items that you imported from audio CDs or received from other sources won't copy from your device to the iTunes library. However, all podcasts from your device's Podcasts app and copies of all PDFs and books from your device's iBooks app will transfer to the computer. Learn how to transfer media to your iTunes library.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Can't access audiobook purchased on iPhone on other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.