Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove "Recently Deleted" Photos from iCloud.com

Hi, I removed photos I don't need from my devices but when I logged on to iCloud.com, all of the deleted photos are stored in the "Recently Deleted" folder. It says it may take 40 days before all of them can be permanently deleted. How can I delete them immediately because I see only two options when selecting items, Download and Recover?

iCloud-OTHER, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 31, 2015 4:38 AM

6 replies

May 31, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Marv T

Just to add to the above, I launched Photos on my Mac. I selected File -> Show Recently Deleted, and clicked on Delete All. Now I still see 136 photos in there with "0 minutes remaining". I deleted them hours ago but they are appearing in iCloud. Plus on my Albums in the iCloud Photos viewed from Safari, I see 20 empty folders probably created by the old Photo Stream but these same folders are nowhere to be found on the Photos app on my Mac. How can I permanently remove these?

Jul 30, 2015 6:54 AM in response to Marv T

I am having the same issue. This is very frustrating. Would be so happy to just get the same option than in Windows, where you just connect your device and see them in your File Explorer. But no, Apple have made this process with Mac so complex, that you never know where you images pop up next...Bad security / privacy issue.

Nov 14, 2015 2:36 AM in response to Smakers

The "Recently Deleted" album will only show on the Mac, if the album is not empty.

If you are syncing your Mac with iCloud Photo Library, and Recently Deleted is empty on your Mac but the album is not empty at iCloud. com, keep the Photos.app at iCloud.com open for some time to let it sync with iCloud Photo Library. Quit Safari or your Browser, and reload the Photos.app. After letting the Photos.app sync, clearing the Browser's caches and reloading the Photos.app I am usually seeing the Recently Deleted album gone.

Nov 29, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Marv T

I agree. This is hugely annoying -- almost as annoying as organizing photos into "moments", which for a professional photographer who takes lots of unrelated stock photos together, is beyond useless and sounds twee anyway. But yeah, I got an error message saying I didn't have enough memory on my icloud to back up my iphone. So I went to icloud.com to delete items, and removed all photos (I have backups elsewhere and have had sync to icloud disabled for awhile). But now the photos are still there taking up space, and if I select them, there's no "delete permanently" option, which is what needs to be there. It appears that I have to wait for 40 days for them to go away and to regain the space so I can backup my iphone, which is ridiculous. The only other option is to restore the photos.

Remove "Recently Deleted" Photos from iCloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.