Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch is completely unresponsive for no reason?

I have an iPod touch 5G which I've had for over a year now. Although I've never had any problems with it in the past, a few weeks ago it suddenly switched and became completely unresponsive. It wasn't fully charged, but it definitely wasn't on low battery, as I was on it five minutes before it stopped working. As far as I'm aware, nothing has triggered this - both times it has happened it happened randomly.

For around 12 hours it stayed this way, I tried charging it and plugging it in, but it wasn't recognising it. The other problem is that my home button no longer works, so I couldn't restart it. Finally, the battery must have drained and it was telling me to charge it, which I did, and since then it has worked fine. However, as of yesterday, the same problem has occurred and it won't respond to anything. I'm hoping the battery will drain, but this time it's been nearly 20 hours and it hasn't turned back on. I've done a lot of research but I can't find any answers to why this is happening and how I can solve it.

Could anyone help? Thanks.

iPod touch

Posted on May 31, 2015 7:50 AM

9 replies

My iPod touch is completely unresponsive for no reason?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.