Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook stuck in console mode

I recently bought an old iBook from a yard sale. It had a password on it so I booted it into single user mode typed in some code from the internet to create a new admin account. It booted into the desktop, and I opened system preferences and deleted the original account from the previous user. It was working fine until one day I turned it on and it booted into a black screen with the following text:

Darwin/BSD (EmilyFalcons-Computer.local) (console)

login:

I typed in my username and password, and it quickly flashed some text with "login incorrect" at the end, and rebooted back to the black screen asking me to login. I tried refreshing the PRAM and NVRAM, booting into safe mode, booting from the original install disk, but it still keeps going back to that screen. I think that it might be asking for the original user's password, because EmilyFalcon was the original account, I don't know. How do I get it to boot back to the desktop?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x), PowerPC

Posted on May 31, 2015 8:59 AM

1 reply

iBook stuck in console mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.