Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer play a video created on my iPad

Recorded video (9 min) played many times. Now I receive "operation can not be performed" message when I attempt to play

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 31, 2015 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:42 AM

Hi there ewlliam1943,

If I understand correctly you have a video on the iPad that you recorded with the iPad, which you cannot play on the device due to this error message. I would start by copying that video to your computer if you haven't already:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC

Once that is done, and assuming you are playing this video back in the Photos app, I would quit the Photos and the Settings apps:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 9:42 AM in response to ewlliam1943

Hi there ewlliam1943,

If I understand correctly you have a video on the iPad that you recorded with the iPad, which you cannot play on the device due to this error message. I would start by copying that video to your computer if you haven't already:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC

Once that is done, and assuming you are playing this video back in the Photos app, I would quit the Photos and the Settings apps:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Jun 3, 2015 5:54 AM in response to ewlliam1943

Thanks for reply. Did not solve problem because my old laptop running Vista does not recognize IPad . Trying different paths have been able to view photos on laptop but not the video on IPad . iPad acknowledged the video via Settings bto no .but will not play. My next try will be Air drop or another pc. Tried hard reboot of IPad with no success.

Can no longer play a video created on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.