Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any suggestions as to a MIDI keyboard to use with Garageband? I know there are many.

I have a really old Yamaha PRS-70 but lost the MIDI cable. Not sure if it would even work with Garageband, but I'm getting a replacement cable. Meanwhile, I am thinking about getting a smaller MIDI keyboard that uses USB. There are only about 5000 models out there. Are there any favorites? Been looking here and there so far. Want something small, I think, for good portability. Just looking for a few good suggestions for keyboards that work well.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), GarageBand 10.0.3

Posted on May 31, 2015 10:24 AM

2 replies

May 31, 2015 8:08 PM in response to stevetxmd

Hi Steve, I'm interested in this topic, too.

I recently bought a Samson Graphite M32 USB MIDI keyboard but the "velocity sensitive" keys only seem to have two levels: very quite and regular volume. You have to impact the key with a bit of force or the volume is very low. Samson provides software that allows you a few options, but nothing to adjust the sensitivity of the keys.

The keyboard was one of the least expensive ones I looked at. I'll likely return it and spend a bit more on one with better keys.

Anyone have recommendations for compact USB MIDI keyboards?

- Craig

any suggestions as to a MIDI keyboard to use with Garageband? I know there are many.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.