Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I record music track using Logic Pro X and Kontakt player 5 free?

I have Logic Pro X 10.1.1 and have been using Kotakt player 5 free version from Native Instruments. I have Kontakt running as an AU plug in and I can hear the music playing from the computer but when I click on the record button, nothing records. It have tried to change settings use the musical keyboard verses my midi keyboard and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? I have all of these sounds and libraries and I can't seem to use them to their full capacity.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), intel core 2 duo

Posted on May 31, 2015 10:04 AM

2 replies

May 31, 2015 10:48 AM in response to tjusoftball

tjusoftball wrote:

... and I can hear the music playing from the computer but when I click on the record button, nothing records.

I'm not sure about what you are describing. When you say "music playing", do you mean you can play on your MIDI Keyboard and you hear playing it through Kontakt.

When you have an external MIDI Keyboard connected to your computer or use the Musical Typing Keyboard in Logic, all their MIDI messages are sent to the Track that is selected in your Tracks Window (or Tracks that have the "Record Enabled" Button enabled). Whatever Instrument Plugin you load on the corresponding Channel Strip will receive those MIDI Messages and "play" it. Recording what you play on the MIDI keyboard records those MIDI Events in a MIDI Region on that Track. That is independent from the Plugin. WHen you play back that MIDI Region, its MIDI Events are sent to the Plugin on that Track, Kontakt or any other instrument plugin.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

May 31, 2015 2:16 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Yes, I can hear the music playing via my midi keyboard which is interfaced through a M-audio usb interface or if I tap on my computer keyboard or use the mouse to hit the buttons on the screen which are being run through Kontakt player 5. Maybe I don't have the midi configured correctly to have it record what I play. It is in the record mode and I am able to select the record button but then there is nothing saves to the track.

Secondly, should I be setting the track as a software instrument or a midi track?

I have tried both and still nothing records.

How do I record music track using Logic Pro X and Kontakt player 5 free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.