Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy/paste failed in Indesign

Hello everyone!

I have Pages 5.5.3 and when I want to copy/paste my text from Pages (text) to InDesign CC (layout), it doesn't work.

How can I resolve that?

Thank you !

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 31, 2015 10:22 AM

9 replies

May 31, 2015 1:16 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Yes, thank you for your fast answer !

It's working when I try via a different text program or if I export my Pages document to a pdf, but I don't understand why I need to go via an other text program to paste my text into Indesign..

So if I write my thesis on Pages, I need to export it first and then I can copy and paste in Indesign. It's not really efficient.. no?

Morgane

May 31, 2015 1:34 PM in response to morgane_92

Pages 5.5.3 is a bit of a dog and why it throws up problems like this is a mystery. It is also causing problems with other clipboard objects.

To be fair you have to check the the other end of the equation which is Indesign CC. How does it work with other Apps?

Why are you using Pages 5.5.3 anyway if the end App is Indesign? If it is as a word processor, it is not an efficient one and puts your work in jeopardy.

Peter

Copy/paste failed in Indesign

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.