Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Razer Deathstalker /w PPC G5

So i have a powermac g5 at home being used for image editing and general graphics work. i have a normal cheap keyboard but it doesn't have backlighting like my macbook does. i really like the razer deathstalker keyboard (without the touchpad-thing) and I found a great deal for a 1 month used one in my country very close to me.

So the question is:

Will i be able to use a razer deathstalker with my POWERMAC G5 running tiger 10.4.11 without installing any drivers or synapse? since those aren't made for ppc/tiger.

thx

Paul

PowerMac G5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 1.6 GHz 2.5gb ram. double 80gb hdds

Posted on May 31, 2015 12:33 PM

20 replies

May 31, 2015 1:30 PM in response to bpali2001

Sounds like a question best asked of Razer. I don't recall seeing any older questions in these foruns about that brand of keyboard.

What usually happens on a unsupported keyboard is that the basic actions work, but special functions of the Mac OS will not. If the game counts on that sort of function, or programmable F keys, you may have a problem.

Jun 1, 2015 7:18 AM in response to bpali2001

i will just buy an another keyboard. a cm storm rapid tk. with brown switches. its pretty expensive but still, mechanical.

The same cautons apply. There may not be a way to activate special featurs on an obsolete Mac and OS version.

Considering a PowerMac G5 can't run newer games and can't be updated to a newer OS version I wonder about the choice to buy a really expensive keyboard just for gaming. In spite of my advanced age I still game, and use std keyboards but multi-button mice--all Logitech. Their mouse config software will run under OS 10.5 and I've never paid more than about US$25 for the ones we have.

Functions that used to make me reach for F-keys on the keyboard now are accessed by a programmed mouse button. The old MX310 which I have can do four extra button functions without reprogramming the main clicking buttons.

Dec 25, 2016 11:55 PM in response to Allan Jones

What do u mean by special functions of mac os? So wil, command q etc work?? But on the razer website it says that the keyboard is compatible from mac os x 10.7. But even then as u said,will it work. All i want is basic functions like working keyboard shortcuts and working alphabet keys.

I also use a ppc g5 with mac os x 10.4.11

Plz help😢

Razer Deathstalker /w PPC G5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.