Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On phone calls people can only hear me on speakerphone. IPhone 6. Otherwise it sounds like my voice is breaking up.

When making phone calls on my iphone 6, people can't hear my voice well. I have to switch to speakerphone to be heard and understood. This happens with bluetooth on and off. It also happens with the iphone cover on and off. Number of bars does not seem to affect it either. I have the sound turned up all the way. I have rebooted many times. This has started happening after 6 month of purchase. Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 31, 2015 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 11:07 AM

Hello Viviandr,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that while on phone calls, your voice sounds unclear to the other person on the line. I realize that you have completed some great troubleshooting steps as well. To continue troubleshooting, I would suggest reading over and working through the steps outlined in the attached article.

If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have already completed all of these steps or if the issue continues after you have completed, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support using the link at the bottom of the page.

Have a great day,

Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Viviandr

Hello Viviandr,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that while on phone calls, your voice sounds unclear to the other person on the line. I realize that you have completed some great troubleshooting steps as well. To continue troubleshooting, I would suggest reading over and working through the steps outlined in the attached article.

If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have already completed all of these steps or if the issue continues after you have completed, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support using the link at the bottom of the page.

Have a great day,

Joe

Jun 2, 2015 2:06 PM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks, Joe. I tried the tests, but it tests the microphone that is used for speakerphone which has no problem. I have tried leaving a voicemail without speakerphone on to another phone and it is extremely faint and it is very faint and goes in and out. I have made an appointment with a Genius today and hopefully they can address the problem.

On phone calls people can only hear me on speakerphone. IPhone 6. Otherwise it sounds like my voice is breaking up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.