Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check my internet connectivity? Seems very slow and I've done speed check 1.94MPBS download and 0.3mbps upload

How can I check my MBA to ensure internet speed is optimized for Safari and Chrome?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 31, 2015 1:45 PM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2015 5:19 PM in response to Klaus1

Thank you Klaus1, I didn't know what speeds are capable within the confines of my plan with AT&T but I did 3 speed tests using their tool and got down load speeds from 1 to 2MBPS and 0.11 to 0.33MBPS uploads. I called AT&T and they said my down load speed was within normal limits but upload was definitely too slow. The tech led me through some steps to optimize the Belkin that I use for modem/router then had me clean out my browser history/cache/cookies. This morning this MBA was still surfing sluggishly but this evening much better. So, I don't know what is really or if there is a problem but I've made a Genius bar appointment for later this week. Since putting on Yosemite I've had more problems in 3 weeks than in 2 years with this MBA.

How can I check my internet connectivity? Seems very slow and I've done speed check 1.94MPBS download and 0.3mbps upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.