Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4 trips to Apple Care for my MacBook Pro, yet problem still not solved

Hi everyone!

I bought my MBP with Apple Care in 2012. About 2 years later in Fall 2014, I was having issues with my screen and speakers.

I was at school where no Apple Store is around, so I waited until Dec 2014 to bring my laptop to Apple Washington DC. I showed them the problem and was told to ship my MBP to Apple Care.

1, Jan 2015, I shipped it. Apple Care replaced the logic board. But the speaker issue still persisted after the repair.

2, March 2015, I shipped it to Apple again. Speakers and some other components were replaced. Still, speakers weren't working after I got it back.

3, May 23 2015, I brought it to Apple Store. They decided to replace the logic board and speakers again. Still, yesterday when I got it back, the laptop was still having issues with the speakers.

4, May 31 2015 today, I brought it to Apple Store New Haven. I spoke to the manager, who was very nice and understanding. After a discussion with the geniuses, they told me they think it's a software issue. And they would escalate it to engineering, meaning I will lose my laptop for at least another week. I am very frustrated by the Apple Care Warranty service. When I asked if it will be fixed next weekend, the worker was like "I guarantee it won't. We need to send it to the engineers and wait for them to come up with a solution". Now the store has my MacBook Pro.

Each time I gave my laptop to Apple, I had to lose it for 1 week. Each week without a laptop is troublesome for me, as I need it for school and work.

Sorry to complain, but each trip to Apple Store takes me at least 2 or 3 hours, as I need to walk to take the bus or the train.

Does anyone have an idea of whom I should contact to resolve it? I called Applecare earlier, they just told me to wait for the store to get back to me. I tried to email Tim Cook, I highly doubt if he will see it. As this rate, I am really losing my faith in Apple. I would probably never buy any Applecare plan again.

Thanks for helps in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Speaker makes static noises

Posted on May 31, 2015 2:04 PM

4 replies

May 31, 2015 2:15 PM in response to vincentwang8725

I had an iMac like that once, and finally I asked the store (demanded really) to replace the Mac for a new one. They filed a report that there must have been an initial fault with the unit for it to require TWO logic board replacement. It is both inconvenient and unacceptable for a unit to spend so long in the repair shop so often. Explain your displeasure to your repairer and ask that it be replaced as you no longer have trust in the unit to perform reliably. Worked for me. May be worth a shot, especially as all repairs have been done under AppleCare.

Good Luck, be polite and hope they see sense.

Cheers

Pete

May 31, 2015 2:35 PM in response to vincentwang8725

Usually, they will replace a machine if there have been three repairs (for the same thing).I had a Macbook which spent considerable time being shipped back and forth until I finally said enough is enough and they agreed to replace it with a brand new Macbook Pro.

So, since your is at the shop again, you will probably have to wait until it comes back - or call them now and tell them you've been patient enough (or when you get it back and it still does not work) - and ask politely that they consider replacing the machine.

4 trips to Apple Care for my MacBook Pro, yet problem still not solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.