Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring ITunes Playlists from iMac to iPad

I'm now looking for a 28-song Playtlist that is somewhere in my iMac. When I find it, I'd like to transfer it to my iPad. Is that possible to do with Bluetooth? If so, how? I'm guessing that it's possible, because I now have a 228-song Playlist in my iPad that's also in my iMac, but I forgot how I did it.

iTunes v.12.1.2.27

Posted on May 31, 2015 1:58 PM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 4:18 PM in response to Niku

Niku wrote:

I'm now looking for a 28-song Playtlist that is somewhere in my iMac.

It is in iTunes. All playlists are in iTunes.

When I find it, I'd like to transfer it to my iPad.

Sync it with iTunes.

See this -> Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Is that possible to do with Bluetooth?

No.

You can sync it with USB cable or over wi-fi.

See this -> Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support

If I'm guessing that it's possible, because I now have a 228-song Playlist in my iPad that's also in my iMac, but I forgot how I did it.

You synced it with iTunes.

Jun 1, 2015 4:43 PM in response to Chris CA

Chris CA wrote:

Niku wrote:

I'm now looking for a 28-song Playtlist that is somewhere in my iMac.

It is in iTunes. All playlists are in iTunes.

—-
It may be in iTunes, but I can't see it anywhere, and an invisible Playlist is of no use to me. As I have said, whenn In tried to delet one song, ALL of them disappeared.

Jun 1, 2015 8:31 PM in response to Chris CA

Chris CA wrote:

Niku wrote:

As I have said, whenn In tried to delet one song, ALL of them disappeared.

You did not write this anywhere...

——-

You're right. Now I remember that my first post asked how recover to all the songs that I lost when I tried to delete only one of them. I had expected a quick reply so, expecting to quickly solve that problem, I went on to ask the question that you have been trying to answer. Unfortunately, no one has yet answered my first question. I generally try to ask only one question per post. My experience has been that if you ask four questions, you'll still only get one of them answered, and that's frustrating.

Actually, I think I can retrieve all of the missing songs by using a method I recently used to fix a playlist I have that contains over 200 songs. Yes, I fixed all of the corrrupted songs in that playlist, but it took hours to do, and I was trying to avoid using that method again. The method itself is simple: use Spotlight to find uncorrupted versions of the missing songs and then drag them into the iTunes window. After that, you just delete the corrupted file. Simple, yes, but it takes a very long time. I was looking for an easier way.

Transferring ITunes Playlists from iMac to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.