Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ext USB HD only one Partition showing up in TimeCapsule

I have an externally powered USB Dock connected to the USB port of my Early 2009 Time Capsule. My computer is an Early 2013 RetinaMacBook Pro

running OS X Yosemite, v10.10.3

When I connect my External USB hard drive, named Tosh3_Pictures, to time capsule I only see one of the two partitions.

It was formatted using DiskUtility and MacOS Extended and has been used to store several hundred GB of data.

I see both partitions when plugged into the computer.

Below is screenshot of the Tosh3_Pictures hard drive plugged into the computer via the USB port.

User uploaded file

Below is the Tosh3_Pictures drive opened in Disk Utility

User uploaded file

Below is the view when Tosh3_Pictures is plugged into Time Capsule via the USB Hub.

User uploaded file

One more clue....

Using Disk Utility, Verify, there is a difference in the 3rd line of the report.

Below is the partition that shows up in Time Capsule

User uploaded file

This is the problem child.

User uploaded file

I ran Verify Disk it did find problems which I repaired and re-verified as good. But it still doesn't show up in Time Capsule.

I have another similar Drive which as a test I erased and re-partitioned/formatted and both partitions show up when plugged into Time Capsule.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on May 31, 2015 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2015 5:40 PM

The drive was partitioned on windows.. with logical partition..

You need to store all the files in another drive.. and repartition it on the Mac.. use GUID partition scheme and format the partitions (if you need them) Mac OS Extended Journaled.

1 reply

Ext USB HD only one Partition showing up in TimeCapsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.