Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage problem

I've changed my apple ID and now I can't turn iMessage back on since the old Id keeps coming up asking for password and I can't change the account. This account doesn't exist anymore. Is there a solution? I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. i can't find any solutions on Google. Any ideas? This is on an iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 31, 2015 5:07 PM

10 replies

Jun 2, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Weeesley

Again, there must be a way to sign in to Messages. I was looking at another thread that was written when 6.1.3 was a current iOS, and on that thread, the OP indicated that there was a Send & Receive section when they went to Settings>Messages. What do you mean by "when you try to turn it on"?

We have to get that old ID signed out of Messages. Your iOS is so out of date that it is difficult to see what is on your Messages Settings. Could you take a screenshot of the screen you see (2 if needed to show the whole thing from top to bottom) and post it here? That would help me to be able to guide you as to how to sign out of Messages.

Cheers,

GB

Jun 3, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Weeesley

OK, one other question. When you say the "old ID", does that mean you created a brand new Apple ID and that the old one is still signed into Messages? If so, then the fact that the old email address no longer exists is not related to the old Apple ID. Do you remember the password for that old ID? If so, type it in when asked so you can get Messages signed back on, then sign it out of Messages. Once you get it turned on, you should see either a Send & Receive section or a Receive At section. Either one will then take you to a screen where you will see that old ID, and you can then click on it, and then Sign Out.

If you did not create a new Apple ID, but rather changed the old email address to the new one by EDITing your Apple ID, then post back.

Cheers,

GB

iMessage problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.