Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does ipad mini support a mouse

does i pad mini support a bluetooth mouse?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 31, 2015 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2015 4:22 PM

No.

6 replies

May 31, 2015 4:38 PM in response to lovemyDax22

lovemyDax22 wrote:

does i pad mini support a bluetooth mouse?

I have seen some styluses/pens for use with tablets at Staples -- guess its in lieu of using your fingers to point at teeny tiny icons - and to be able to draw above preschool (finger painting) level.

Not into the tablets myself - and on desktop mostly use WACOM pad instead of mouse - so much easier to restore old pictures etc when your hand is not in front of the screen.

Jun 1, 2015 11:25 AM in response to lovemyDax22

If you would like to use a mouse with an iPad, sadly you can't. iOS 9 might support it, though.

From the fact that you are trying to use a mouse with your iPad, a Microsoft Surface 3 / Surface Pro 3 might be a better option. The Surface 3 series of tablets have an optional $130 magnetic Type Cover, allowing you to use the tablet as a laptop. Both have a full-sized USB 3.0 port and a Mini DisplayPort connection for monitors.

You can download most popular from the Windows Store, like Netflix and many other popular iOS apps and games. The new interface of Windows 8.1 works beautifully with a touch screen.

It also runs full Windows 8.1, allowing you to install full Windows apps, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Office and iTunes.

The Surface 3 with the Type Cover goes head-to-head with a 64 or 128 GB iPad Air 2. I recommend getting the model with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. It's practically needed. A cellular version is coming soon.

- Aidan

Jun 1, 2015 12:06 PM in response to lovemyDax22

Since the iOS operational model does not have a cursor, files and such, the mouse metaphor would not be usable. Some apps, like drafting tools, can use a mouse or stylus due to the way they work when manipulating an image. Yet that too stops when interacting with other apps.

So even if the iPad should somehow recognize that the BT device is a mouse, the system would not know what to do with it.

does ipad mini support a mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.