Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use Microsoft office on my iMac for 1 user but it won't allow me for other users, any ideas?

I had purchased Microsoft office on my laptop and when I purchased my iMac I transferred everything across onto the new computer. This has worked fine for one user but if I am in a different user and want to open a word or excel document it does't recognise the Microsoft office package.

I have spoken to a guy in the apple store in Melbourne and he told me that I shouldn't have any problems as I had purchased the package it should work across a number of users. Not sure what to do now so am hoping someone may have an idea.

Thanks

Amy

iMac

Posted on May 31, 2015 6:20 PM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2015 12:01 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you. I did think this originally but under system preferences when I check users and groups, both the users on the mac have admin underneath which made me think they are both admin users, is this correct or not?

Also apologies for not fully understanding but if I delete microsoft office from my mac, how do I then reinstall it as it was originally on my mac book air so I copied it across (do I just need to do the same process?)

Thanks again

Jun 2, 2015 8:11 AM in response to amyw6513

Don't worry about not fully understanding -- this is an area where I don't have much understanding myself. The linkI supplied in my original reply indicates that it is possible to install Office for a single user. It wouldn't matter if all of the users were Admin users. Open Finder and navigate to Macintosh HD > Applications and see if Microsoft Office is in that folder. You can navigate to Macintosh HD > Applications using the Finder window or the Finder Go menu.

I use Microsoft office on my iMac for 1 user but it won't allow me for other users, any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.