Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't sync with my iPhone 6 plus

I used my previous iPhone 5 back up to restore my new iPhone 6 plus. Everything worked perfectly, contacts, photo's, all of my Apps - even all of my message conversations. All good.

The only thing that has not been updated is my iTunes library. I have more than 9k tunes on my laptop and nothing is syncing onto my handset. Tried the on line support tips step by step - nothing. One thing I did notice in following the support tips - touch device icon, yes, - under summary, touch music - then you should be able to click on the song upload in the screen to right of the summary menu (accoding to the image shown on the tips). In the area to the right of my summary menu, it tells me that iTunes Match is ON. Thinking this may be an issue, I tried to turn off iTunes Match in the store. Nothing changes.

I would like to have my library loaded onto my iPhone 6 plus and have it sync automatically any time I connect the handset to my lap top.

What am I doing wrong - or what do I need to do to make this happen?

Thanks for all advice

Posted on May 31, 2015 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2015 5:40 PM

Check your iPhone under Settings>iTunes & App Stores, and check on iTunes Match. My understanding is that once you have turned on iTunes Match, that you cannot sync the device with iTunes. See the information in this support document to understand about iTunes Match.iTunes Match on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support And just FYI, that is as much as I know about it, and I do not use it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2015 5:40 PM in response to Kim Birch

Check your iPhone under Settings>iTunes & App Stores, and check on iTunes Match. My understanding is that once you have turned on iTunes Match, that you cannot sync the device with iTunes. See the information in this support document to understand about iTunes Match.iTunes Match on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support And just FYI, that is as much as I know about it, and I do not use it.

iTunes won't sync with my iPhone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.