Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my email address that I started with and replace it with a new one

How do I delete my apple email address and replace it with a new one

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 9:07 AM

Depending upon what the email address is (e.g. if it's not an Apple domain email address : mac.com, icloud.com, me.com) you might be able to update the primary email address on the account by logging into the account via the Store > View Account menu option on a computer's iTunes, http://appleid.apple.com, or by tapping on it in Settings > iTunes & App Store on an iOS device and logging into it.

After changing it : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2015 9:07 AM in response to tamaki5

Depending upon what the email address is (e.g. if it's not an Apple domain email address : mac.com, icloud.com, me.com) you might be able to update the primary email address on the account by logging into the account via the Store > View Account menu option on a computer's iTunes, http://appleid.apple.com, or by tapping on it in Settings > iTunes & App Store on an iOS device and logging into it.

After changing it : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Jun 1, 2015 6:17 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you for your help I got frustrated with it and made another apple account with the email address I wanted last night. So now I have 2 accounts but don't use the other one no more. I worked with a person on apple chat and he couldn't help solve my problem and advised me to call the office but can't be stuffed with it now.

But thank you for your reply.

Jun 19, 2016 12:10 PM in response to TeOmeka

Did you ever figure out how to delete the unwanted apple id email account? I have the same problem (two apple id's). I only use one, but I suspect the second one has been hacked as my answers to the security questions don't work. Since I'm unable to delete that account (or edit it or do anything other than log on), I'm not sure what sort of problems this might cause me going forward...

Jun 19, 2016 12:16 PM in response to tucmd

All content that you bought/downloaded on the account will remain tied to it, so only that account can potentially redownload its purchases for free, download updates to its apps, and do in-app purchases in them.

To reset the account's security questions : If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support (if you don't have a rescue email address on the account, or don't have access to the email account, use the 'if you can't reset' section at the bottom of that link)

How do I delete my email address that I started with and replace it with a new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.