Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see many of my iPhoto '11 photos that were previously there??

Using IPhoto '11 version 9.2 and I can't see many of my photos - they are somehow not able to be viewed anymore just shows a blank 'box' and when I click on them, comes up with the ! (error triangle). I have been using Macbooster 2 to clean up a bit but made sure that I wasn't deleting anything I needed! Please help! Need to access my photos 😟

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 31, 2015 11:39 PM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 3:12 AM in response to Leasha357

I have been using Macbooster 2 to clean up a bit

Sorry but once you start getting into junk ware like that anything can happen. You do not need this app for anything or any of the other apps like it. They do nothing that you cannot do yourself and much more safely. These apps are related by the careless for the gullible and now you're seeing the downside.

they are somehow not able to be viewed anymore just shows a blank 'box' and when I click on them, comes up with the ! (error triangle).

What's happened is that the app - probably using the "Photosweeper" module - has deleted the original files. The only - and I do mean only - solution is to restore from your back up.

Can't see many of my iPhoto '11 photos that were previously there??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.