Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GRID LINES ON SPREADSHEET WON'T PRINT

I'm on a MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 using Numbers to create a simple spreadsheet.

I want to print the grid lines on the spreadsheet. I have:

1) Clicked on Cell and chosen the type of border that looks like a + sign with a border around it, chosen the thin line.

2) I can see the grid lines on the spreadsheet on the screen, then I go to File>Print and I can still see the grid lines.

3) When I print there are no grid lines !!!

What am I doing wrong ???? I've spent the last hour and a half trying to figure this out.

Can somebody help please!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 12:31 AM

3 replies

Jun 1, 2015 7:09 AM in response to lacovi

Hi lacovi,

Edit: added a screen shot of Format Panel > Table > Grid Lines

Numbers does have grid lines (Format Panel > Table > Grid Lines) but I don't bother with them. It is possible that the default Table grid lines are too thin to print (maybe they are just for on-screen viewing, but I haven't tested that on my printer).

Table grid lines:

User uploaded file

In Format Panel > Cell, follow Wayne's solution.

I use 1 pt black cell borders 😉.

User uploaded file

Now click on the

+ sign with a border around it

(the symbol top right of the Border pic) to apply the cell borders to all cells, including the table border.

Regards,

Ian.

GRID LINES ON SPREADSHEET WON'T PRINT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.