Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

giving a client a HD version of a FCPX edit

I want to be able to deliver on a USB thumb drive a HD version of an edit. Assuming the video was shot 1920x1080 @ 30FPS and is less then a hour, I can use the share option in FCPX and create a "master file" which is a MPEG 4, create a version for apple devises, which I assume is for Apple TV, iPads, ect.) or I can go to Compressor and chose one of the MPEG 2 options.

I would like the client to be able to use the file for:

1. their website

2. play on their laptop or stream to their HD TV, project for a presentation

3. Have a HD file for their archives in case they want to edit or master to a disc (or some other format) in the future

What options should I use. I just don't see the value of DVD's and nobody uses Blu Ray. I know some cients will still be asked for a DVD's for a while but outputting to a DVD is simple.

Thanks in advance for the help/education.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel i7, 16GBmemo

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 9:40 AM

Sharing to Master File and choosing "Computer" creates an mp4 file with H264 codec that should playable on most computers as well as on many recent TV that have an USB port where you can plug in a pen drive.

1 reply

giving a client a HD version of a FCPX edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.