Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello! I buyed ipad from internet

Hello! I buyed ipad from internet, and when I make a reset, I got this message:

"This iPad was lost and erased. Sign in with the Apple ID thaat was used to erase this iPad."

So because I can't contact with the previous owner, what can I do? Because I paid for it and I can't use.... And I don't know the previous owner e-mail and nothing. Thanks for your helping.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 5:49 AM

5 replies

Jun 1, 2015 6:47 AM in response to robopimp01

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for the original owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. No must contact the original owner to get permission to use the device. If you cannot contact the original owner return the device to where you bought it and get a refund. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

Hello! I buyed ipad from internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.