Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have connected my new 3TB airport time capsule and lost my PC's internet connection. I am however connected on my Mac, it is slow. Why?

I cannot connect to internet on my PC when I have the airport in the system. Mac is connected but slow. Why?

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 7:17 AM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Koskacapuli

You need to spell out the whole network.

What modem? Make and model please.

What is acting as the main router? Is it the modem or TC or do you have both running as routers?

What errors are showing up in the airport utility on the Mac?

I really need some info before suggesting other things.. but what PC OS are you running? Wireless??

The PC can react to a new router, badly.. it can cut off internet because it sees a new network.. so you might need to work on the computer to both move it back to home location.. and turn off the firewalls.

Jun 1, 2015 3:38 PM in response to LaPastenague

Thank you for your response. The modem is Rogers. ( as they provide the cable) I have searched a little more, and learned I need to switch to WPAP2 ( if I am correct in spelling) and turn off Rogers internet to use Airport Time Capsule. I understand the PC does react to changing of the wi-fi. I will come back again once completed the steps, and made the TC as main provider for wi-fi in the setting. Perhaps will ask some more questions in the process.:-)

Oct 18, 2015 9:24 AM in response to TrendyGazoo

Checking the Rogers website for modems, it appears that Rogers only offers modem/routers or gateways.....not a simple modem.

http://www3.rogers.com/web/link/modems

Since you only need a simple modem to work with the Time Capsule, you might want to contact Rogers to ask them about the availability of a simple modem......not a modem/router or gateway, which you do not need.

I have connected my new 3TB airport time capsule and lost my PC's internet connection. I am however connected on my Mac, it is slow. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.