Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to re-install i-tunes on my Windows 7 laptop, and keep getting the Apple Mobile Device Service error message during the load process. I've done the "Stop" then "Start" process, as advised in the Support Forum, but still get error - Help!

I'm trying to re-install I-tunes on my Windows 7 laptop, and keep getting the "Apple Mobile Device Service" error message. I've done the "Stop" then "Start" process on the Apple Mobile Device service, but still keep getting the error message. Help

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 8:18 AM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 8:39 AM in response to pgm01

Hello there pgm01,

If I understand correctly you are unable to get the AMDS service stay active even after stopping and restarting it per this article:

How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows

I would uninstall all the iTunes softwares on the computer, and then try reinstalling it one more time. Rather than just uninstalling iTunes itself, there are other components that need to be removed for a clean installation. This article will help you out there:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

I'm trying to re-install i-tunes on my Windows 7 laptop, and keep getting the Apple Mobile Device Service error message during the load process. I've done the "Stop" then "Start" process, as advised in the Support Forum, but still get error - Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.