Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7

Good morning!

I have just been given the task of editing videos. I have no background in video editing including FCP 7. My basic setup is the videos come in weekly on SD cards. I have to upload them to the computer and edit the sermons. I do have some templates and such for the dvd setup and all those things. What would be the best walk through for me to use so grasp on to this and move forward in editing and making these videos. I know this is probably very vague what info do you guys need to help me out. The video files are .MOV so I cannot transfer in like normal.

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 7:54 AM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 11:50 AM in response to jflora80

Since you don't have a background in editing with FCP7, it may do some good to go through some tutorials or even the manual to get the basics first. And one of the first things you'll find out is that FCP works best (and properly) if the video clips you import match the Sequence setting you're using in your FCP project.

If the specs of the footage on the SD cards doesn't match your Sequence settings, try using the 'Log & Import' function in FCP (you may have to download a driver or utility from the camera's manufacturer to do so). Sometimes FCP can handle converting but some video formats can be problematic so you may have to use another app like Compressor or MPEG Streamclip to convert the footage so it does match. Pay attention to the codec, the frame rate, pixel resolution and the audio sampling rate and bit depth.

Once you have all the footage in the project and it matches your Sequence settings, you can use the multi-cam feature to edit the three camera angles quickly. That is also covered in the manual.

-DH

Jun 1, 2015 10:36 PM in response to jflora80

Hi

I can really recommend this book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Focal-Easy-Guide-Final-Cut-ebook/dp/B008VSIAI2/ref=la_B0 01IU0R9A_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433222…

He writes and show you how to use FCP7 in a very simple and easy way and the book has lots of pictures to help you.

He makes it very easy to understand everything.

I have used his books for FCP 5 and FCP7 and DVD Studio Pro, and it really helped me.

Cheers

Hans

FCP 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.