Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reimport from camera won't work

I've worked with Final Cut for a few years now with never a problem until the most recent update.

I imported my clips and edited my project then tried to share it with the error message coming up 'This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera.' I've had this many times before and the usual way I fix this is using the 'Reimport from Cameras / Camera Archives'. Since the latest update, this won't work for me. When I click continue absolutely nothing happens. I've checked background tasks and I can assure you when I click continue, it literally does nothing. I noticed a few of my clips had the camera icon so I tried to reimport them manually and I still get the same error message when trying to share my project.

My files are on my memory card in my Macbook.

Any ideas on how to fixing this? I'm tearing my hair out!

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:03 AM

3 replies

Reimport from camera won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.