Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need one finger right side trackpad scroll, disabled and cannot use two finger scroll

I am a split user of Mac and PC. I am a quadraplegic and have limited use of my hands. On any of the PC trackpads I can scroll pages, spreadsheets etc using the right side of the trackpad with one finger. I have not found a way to do this on a Mac and it can be frustrating. I have to turn off most gestures because I simply cannot use them. Does anyone know how to enable this or point me to a 3rd party that can?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 8:04 AM

7 replies

Feb 4, 2016 1:18 AM in response to KoolDeal

Hey KoolDeal,

I have exactly the same problem as you (C5). I've been trying to find solution for years - no luck. I ended up writing feature request to accessibility@apple.com and even offering money to developers of any trackpad related app I could find (BetterTouchTool, MagicPrefs, ..) to add this feture. At last Marc, the creator of SmartScroll kindly offered to write a small custom app for me which does exactly what I need .. for free!!

Did you find any other solution?

Cheers, Viitek

<Edited by Host>

Feb 4, 2016 2:25 AM in response to viitek

Although you could change your Profile preferences so the email address

of your account here would be visible (for a very limited time, perhaps?)

That also would be open to anyone who happened to view the Profile.

However that is considered a security and privacy risk; as would be the

visual submission of a product serial number of something you own if

someone could use it to begin to defraud or misrepresent your interests.

Just a thought. Various personal information shared in these ASC

replies, other than tagline (products users own) tends to disappear.

Another idea, is that you may have a web page or other contact that could

be acceptable to the rules of these discussions, put in your Profile where

it may be possible to share information and other links from that location.

Good luck and best regards in any event...! 🙂

Dec 16, 2016 9:41 AM in response to viitek

Hi Viitek,

I have recently picked up a magic trackpad and I am using it with a stylus to reduce rsi related issues. It seems to feel more natural with a light pen grip. The one feature I am missing is the ability to scroll on the side without having to switch to 2 finger scrolling. I use BetterTouchTool and have tried SmartScroll but I don't see this feature. Could you possibly share the small app with me that enables side scrolling with one finger?

Thanks

Will (willgeller @ the gmails)

Need one finger right side trackpad scroll, disabled and cannot use two finger scroll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.