Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated my credit card and saved it. When I attempted to order a movie on Apple TV I was instructed to render "Verification of Payment Details". I can find nothing under Accounts and Billing that treats such verifications.

My question simply has to do with "how you find a way on the iTunes (or Apple TV) website to verify your credit card information that will be used to pay for goods purchased, referred to as "Verification of Payment" (details). It does not have to do with equipment technicals. Just purchasing from iTunes for online movies in Apple TV.

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:00 AM

If you log into your iTunes account on the computer, you can check your payment details. Generally, if something is missing or questionable, it will be highlighted in Red.

5 replies

Jun 1, 2015 3:42 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you Chris. I have "verified" for myself that my credit card information is recorded perfectly under "Billing" at the iTunes Store, including the three digit Security Code. Then I Saved it. Nothing I do with Apple TV to rent a movie works. Now I don't know how the billing request gets from my HDTV screen to Apple TV, I assume that it goes through my wireless router, but I don't know if you have to have a computer switched On. I have Apple TV Username and Password, etc. on two computers: laptop in the family room and on a desktop in a basement office about 35 feet away from the TV set.

Also I could not get into "Apple Support". I entered the three lines of simple information and when I clicked "Enter" the webpage showed me two additional lines that stated, in red, "This is a Required Line". So what the heck was that about? I can't do anything with it and therefore do not have access to Apple Support. This Apple TV has been a terrible experience and they have my purchase money.

Thank you for your help.

Larry Houck

I recently updated my credit card and saved it. When I attempted to order a movie on Apple TV I was instructed to render "Verification of Payment Details". I can find nothing under Accounts and Billing that treats such verifications.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.