Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use wifi while traveling and in areas that it is not available? I need it to be accessible at all time since, is there a monthly charge for the services?

How do I use wifi while traveling and in areas that it is not available? I need it to be accessible at all times, is there a monthly charge?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:11 AM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 10:14 AM in response to Legg39

If Wi-Fi is not available, then it is not available. Wi-Fi is not everywhere, and certainly not all free Wi-Fi. I'm not sure what kind of device you are referring to, since you posted this in the Apple Remote Desktop forum. Identify what device you are using and what you mean when you say you need it to be accessible at all times.

Jun 1, 2015 10:59 AM in response to Legg39

1. Please keep replies to the same thread. It makes it easier to know what has been said, and not to say it again.

That did not help me, I know perfectly well it's not free and by available at all times I want to know if wifi can be applied to a monthly bill and used like my cell phon(I use whi traveling and in areas where there is no wifi available

2. What you use on your iPhone is not Wifi. Its internet access through the cellular network. Wifi requires a physical router nearby. Celllular based internet uses Data access from your cell service.,

3. Depending on your model of iPad some do have cellular hardware which like an iPhone can connect to a cellular network and access the internet that way. If your iPad is a wifi only model, then it cannot do that.

However, your cell carrier (service provider) can give you a Mifi device also known as a cellular hotspot to connect your iPad to. It will work like your iPhone on a monthly bill or pay as you go. The Mifi connects to the Cellular network, and in turn provides a very short range wifi network for other devices to use.

Contact your cell provider for details on their available Mifis and plans.

How do I use wifi while traveling and in areas that it is not available? I need it to be accessible at all time since, is there a monthly charge for the services?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.