Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage query

I have 20gb of iCloud storage of which I have used 4gb. However when trying to automatically transfer photos from my Mac to my iPad I am told that "this library exceeds your available iCloud storage" and that I must upgrade my storage plan. It doesn't make sense as I keep being told that I still have 15.9GB available.

Please explain. Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 10:17 AM

Howdy turnerlolly,

It sounds like you are trying to enable iCloud Photo Library on your computer to get them to sync via iCloud to your phone. From what you describe it seems to me that your Photos library may be larger than your available iCloud Storage. This article will help you adjust the size of the library:

Adjust the size of your Photos library to work with iCloud Photo Library

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 10:17 AM in response to turnerlolly

Howdy turnerlolly,

It sounds like you are trying to enable iCloud Photo Library on your computer to get them to sync via iCloud to your phone. From what you describe it seems to me that your Photos library may be larger than your available iCloud Storage. This article will help you adjust the size of the library:

Adjust the size of your Photos library to work with iCloud Photo Library

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

iCloud storage query

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.