Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rototilled AT&T Cable - TC doesn't work after new connection.

We have AT&T for phone, internet & tv. The time capsule was working fine until we rototilled the garden severing the cable.

A new cable was put in and now the TC does nothing but blink yellow.

The AT&T guy originally set us up like this...modem downstairs, our TC is upstairs with the computer. I didn't want wires through the floor so we have a huge plug that says PlugLink on it which is plugged into the wall. Plugged into that is a ethernet cable which goes to our TC. No wires directly to the computer.

How do I fix this? I need very basic instructions. I'm not very good at this stuff. Thank you.

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:06 AM

3 replies

Jun 1, 2015 2:06 PM in response to ballroomdiva

I didn't want wires through the floor so we have a huge plug that says PlugLink on it which is plugged into the wall. Plugged into that is a ethernet cable which goes to our TC. No wires directly to the computer.

Follow Tom's advice upstairs.. plug a computer by ethernet into the PlugLink.. and see if the computer works.. if not then make sure the pluglink wall adapter is also plugged into the ATT router downstairs.. power cycle both of them to make sure.. once the computer picks up an address.. then you can plug in the TC again and it should work.

If you cannot get the pluglink working buy a replacement set. Or get a computer technician to the house to help you.. think of it as a washing machine.. when it breaks down you call a repairman.. I am at a loss as to why people cannot call a tech for computer issues.. The big lie is that networking is easy.. it is not easy.. an expert is trained for a few years to do it..

If your computer works ok.. reset the TC to factory and start over.. any changes to the network require this.

Start from a factory reset. No files are lost on the hard disk doing this.

Factory reset universal

Power off the TC.. ie pull the power cord or power off at the wall.. wait 10sec.. hold in the reset button.. be gentle.. power on again still holding in reset.. and keep holding it in for another 10sec. You may need some help as it is hard to both hold in reset and apply power. It will show success by rapidly blinking the front led. Release the reset.. and wait a couple of min for the TC to reset and come back with factory settings. If the front LED doesn’t blink rapidly you missed it and simply try again. The reset is fairly fragile in these.. press it so you feel it just click and no more.. I have seen people bend the lever or even break it. I use a toothpick as tool.

N.B. None of your files on the hard disk of the TC are deleted.. this simply clears out the router settings of the TC.

Open the airport utility on the computer and redo the TC setup.

Rototilled AT&T Cable - TC doesn't work after new connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.