Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to get ringtone from itunes. I've downloaded itunes to computer, authorized the computer, and when I right click on my song in library, "get info", "options, I then cannot check the start and stop times to begin ringtone process. help

I am not able to get ringtone from itunes. I've downloaded itunes to computer, authorized the computer, and when I right click on my song in library, "get info", "options, I then cannot check the start and stop times to begin ringtone process. help

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 11:38 AM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 11:51 AM in response to jennt6

Hello Jennt6,

It sounds like you are trying to create a custom ringtone from a song in your iTunes library. iTunes was not made to perform this function but some people online have found ways of going about it. I would recommend you use Garageband to create the ringtone, then share it to iTunes since that is actually part of the functionality of that program. This section from the Garageband help should assist you in that:

GarageBand Help: Send ringtones to iTunes

Create a new ringtone project

1. Choose File > New.

2. In the Project Chooser, select the Ringtone template.

3. Click Choose.

The ringtone project opens. Notice that the cycle area is turned on.

4. Do any of the following:

• Import an audio file into the project from the Finder or from the Media Browser.

• Import a MIDI file from the Finder.

• Add Apple Loops to the project and arrange them to create the sound you want.

• Record your voice or an instrument to use for the ringtone.

5. When the project sounds the way you want, set the cycle area to cover the part of the project you want to use for the ringtone.

6. Choose Share > Ringtone to iTunes.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.