Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod/TV connection - battery killing issue

Hello -

For several years, we have been watching video from an iPod classic via an Apple composite A/V cable to TV set-up. Recently, the iPod would quickly stop playing with a low battery alert. Assuming the battery was old and tired, we bought a refurbished Classic with a newly installed battery - and after connecting it the same thing happened very quickly. We have since tried another iPod we had on hand - and the same thing happened even more quickly. Something seems to be killing the batteries - any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Rand

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 11:28 AM

3 replies

Jun 20, 2015 11:09 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes, I believe all of the devices were operating normally before attaching the AV cable. Once connected, it did not just drain the batteries - it seemed to damage them. After recharging them, the battery levels would fluctuate, and then go dead quickly - even when not attached to anything. We have since gotten a cheap, non-Apple AV cable that seems to be working fine (though I was quite nervous about trying it). It does seem as if something went very wrong with the Apple cable, but I can not imagine what.

iPod/TV connection - battery killing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.