Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail, Contacts & Calendars: GMail cannot be added anymore

A few days ago I noticed I could not sync my local contacts with the contacts in Google. I deleted the Gmail account from Mail, Contacts & Calendars and wanted to add it again. However this did not work.

I would get the following error every time I tried:

User uploaded file

I have tried the following things. None of them solved the problem unfortunately.

• Add a Gmail account in the Guest user (same error).
  • Make a new Gmail account, try to add it (same error).
  • Enable 2-step verification, make application specific passwords (same error).
  • Run Keychain first aid.
  • Verify & Repair permissions.
  • Verify & Repair disk (volume bitmap needed minor repair for orphaned blocks). After repair still the same situation.
  • Reverted
    /etc/hosts
    file to default.
  • Disabled Little Snitch.
  • Boot from external drive into Yosemite, try to add the Google account.
  • Try connection through ethernet instead of airport express.
  • Try connection through a different network entirely.
  • Following the troubleshooting steps from Google.
  • Allowing "less secure application" (that still use OAuth 1.0) to login to Google.
  • Resetting the Keychain

The workaround is to add all Google accounts into Mail, Contacts & Calendar separately (using CalDAV). However, this is a workaround, not a solution. Additionally this does not solve the Google syncing problem I had.

I cannot find anything in the log regarding this error, so I'm quite lost on how to troubleshoot this further.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:24 AM

There are no replies.

Mail, Contacts & Calendars: GMail cannot be added anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.