Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Sony DCR-HC37E to iMovie (FireWire 4pin -> 9pin)

Hi,

We have a Sony DCR-HC37E camcorder and a lot of tapes from the last 20 years. But none of them are digitalised, and since they won't last forever, I want to do it now.

For reference, this is the manual for the camera: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2319524111.pdf

I asked someone what I needed, and it was a FireWire-cable (iLink, according to the manual). So now I have a 4pins-9pins (FW800) cable with which I should be able to export the videos.

I work on a Late 2011 MBP and iMovie is installed. This is what I did:

- Open iMovie

- Click the "Import" button

- Attach the camera to power

- Turn on the camera

- Plug in the cable in the camera and my MacBook

Now I guess the camera should show up in iMovie, but there is literally nothing that happens. I also did above in different orders, but that didn't work. I also tried it with a different MacBook, with the same result. And I even have a second cable to rule out a broken cable, which isn't the case.

I hope someone here can help me fix this problem. I tried everything I could think of.

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 11:32 AM

There are no replies.

Import Sony DCR-HC37E to iMovie (FireWire 4pin -> 9pin)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.