Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning! Someone installed a virus

I had an audio warning come up on my screen saying someone was phishing my computer and had installed a virus. Told me not to purchase anything online and to take my computer to the Apple Store. I'm extremely concerned. I took a screen shot shot tried to go in do a FileVault encryption but when it rebooted the keyboard wouldn't work and it didn't recognize the me as the user. It prompted me to change my password.

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:03 PM

The first message you saw was probably a scam:

Tech support scam pop-ups

As to what happened afterward, I don't know what might have caused that, but it was probably unrelated. You should make an appointment to take your Mac to your nearest Apple Store's Genius Bar.

3 replies

Oct 27, 2016 2:06 PM in response to dawnjulio

This is probably a scam. Force quit your browser by pressing Command-Option-Esc and click on your browser. Then restart your computer. If there is fraudulent activity on your Mac (Slow, Deleting photos/documents) I suggest you call Apple Support so they can fix it or get an appointment with your local Apple Store Genius Bar. Hope my suggestions work.

Oct 27, 2016 2:09 PM in response to Jarzoirarc

apple support1024 wrote:

This is probably a scam. Force quit your browser by pressing Command-Option-Esc and click on your browser. Then restart your computer. If there is fraudulent activity on your Mac (Slow, Deleting photos/documents) I suggest you call Apple Support so they can fix it or get an appointment with your local Apple Store Genius Bar. Hope my suggestions work.

Hopefully, in the year and a half since this thread was last active, they've resolved the issue.

Warning! Someone installed a virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.