Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download apps from a different country's app store?

I'm taking my iPhone 6+ (IOS 8.3) to the UK on a vacation. Whilst there can I download apps from the UK app store, (e.g. BBC iPlayer) ?

My guess is I'd have to create a UK app store ID and if I did that, it would erase my US based content from the phone. Is that true?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 12:10 PM

If you don't have a permanent UK address and bank account, you can't download from the UK store. If you do, you can, and no US content would get automatically erased.

6 replies

Aug 5, 2015 5:25 AM in response to KeithJB

I have one US app on my iPad and I'm based in the UK and I have had no problems with it or any syncing. Because I am "attached" to the UK app store the US app doesn't get updated automatically but I could always sign on with my US account to the US store.

I guess that the same would apply with your "travelling" apps.

Oct 22, 2015 12:44 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Why am I forced to have a bank account if I want to get a free app? I'm not interested in buying anything, though I don't understand why I couldn't if I wanted to...isn't it in their interest for people to spend, why does it matter what country the money comes from?

I've lived in the UK in college, and had a card that expired in July. Before recently, you could get apps from other countries by switching app stores and selecting "None" as method of payment. However, this is not an option anymore. My interest is in the Weight Watchers app - a free app that's part of the benefits I get for paying a subscription on the Weight Watchers website (I pay for that just fine with a non-UK card). So how exactly am I supposed to download the WW app now?

Apple being full of BS as usual............

Download apps from a different country's app store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.