Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2nd hand iPhone 5S with strange activationlock message

Hi!

Won an iphone 5s of ebay from what I believe is the original owner and thought it'd be nice to check everything before paying and shipping. I've asked seller to do everything listed in apples to do list before selling or giving away device. But I receive a strange message when typing in IMEI number at the activationlock url saying activation lock is off but two lines down it still says device can't be activated by new user. I forwarded this to seller and he even went to the Apple Store where the supervisor went through the phone and ok'd it. Never heard of this errormessage before, what can I do?

I use the swedish site, could it be something wrong there not showing up on the US site?

Anyone with US IP willing to run the IMEI 013790005809034 at https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/ and see if result is the same?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 1:17 PM

11 replies

Jun 1, 2015 3:47 PM in response to deggie

Strange, seller said that the staff at Apple Store didn't get that message either which lead me in the direction that something may be wrong with the swedish site.

It's in swedish but it's the fourth line annoying me saying "This unit can't be activated by new user", obviously not present on US site then I guess.

User uploaded file

Yes, seller assured me it was unlocked and possible to use carrier of my choice.

2nd hand iPhone 5S with strange activationlock message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.