Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed Apple ID email, commence mayhem.....

So I had a very old email account linked to my apple ID/iCloud for the last 5 years and decided to change it to the current email I use for business/work. I am a photographer and regularly use my iMac, Macbook Pro, iPad, and iPhone for work so being able to link messages, calendars, photos, etc. with icloud is incredibly convenient... but as soon as I changed my apple ID email every single device is asking for my old account password. Because this account doesn't exist, I can't give it the old password so it keeps prompting me to "retry" or "change password" to the account that no longer exists.

I have tried to log out of icloud and log out my apple ID and switch it with mixed results. I got my phone over to the new ID/iCloud, my ipad wont allow me to log out of the old account, and my imessage will no longer sync between my iphone and iMac/macbook pro as half the accounts wont log out from the old ID....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, needless to say I will not be changing my apple ID again anytime soon...

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 11:25 AM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 11:35 AM in response to LukeSphoto

Hi LukeSphoto,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues after a recent change to your Apple ID. If you are having issues with the various Apple ID-dependent services after a change to the associated email address, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Changed Apple ID email, commence mayhem.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.